Fun Muck
I'm starting the slow process of trying to organize my photos, so over the next month you may occasionally travel backwards....2004, Madagascar.
For most of this field trip, we were either about to get stuck, stuck, or woo-hooing because we just got unstuck. We tested the depth of rivers, ponds and muck with various sticks and poles and occasionally lost a shoe. We watched birds and found small chamelions. And for the long drive, we listened to Frank and Martin, two amusing British biologists, invent new and improved dinosaurs.
I missed traveling again today. After the summer trip followed by the apartment surfing phase, I thought the root cravings would last longer.
The Frank head

Examining water

Pond dancing

So so picture of Avenue of the Baobabs
For most of this field trip, we were either about to get stuck, stuck, or woo-hooing because we just got unstuck. We tested the depth of rivers, ponds and muck with various sticks and poles and occasionally lost a shoe. We watched birds and found small chamelions. And for the long drive, we listened to Frank and Martin, two amusing British biologists, invent new and improved dinosaurs.
I missed traveling again today. After the summer trip followed by the apartment surfing phase, I thought the root cravings would last longer.
The Frank head

Examining water

Pond dancing

So so picture of Avenue of the Baobabs

2 Comments:
more more more, I love the picture of the baobobs
By
Anonymous, at 2/22/2007 6:40 PM
I bet you are sure to find some gems, Lisa. If the images/slides/negatives are small consider presenting them together-- contact sheet style.
I've spent part of the day reviewing photographers websites and pricing. It's about quality, not volume. I still stand by my recommendation of lightroom for organization and overall processing. Keep up the work. You know, I'm a bit jealous-- investing so much on framing/printing/exhibits that I can't plan trips-- I'm just sinking money into the business aspects of things. I'm pushing both my slides and digital negatives to make big prints too-- it's a combination of risk, fun, and of course, expense, pixel doctoring. Delving into printing processes too-- even though my epson prints look better than some chemical versions the juried guidelines are strict.
Two Seattle apps off this past week; my first show with new winter work next week. I'm nervous-- everthing is big, framed, expensive, risky. Still winter here, other seasons just over the horizon. Keep getting out. -N.
By
Noah Jackson, at 2/23/2007 6:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home